About Fox Filmed Entertainment
Fox Filmed Entertainment (Fox) is a producer and distributor of motion pictures, television and home entertainment programming worldwide. It operates as a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, releasing more than 1,000 film and TV titles each year to the home entertainment market. In total, Fox Filmed Entertainment accounts for more than 22% of its parent company’s revenues.
Building a responsive business across segments: Fox’s fast-paced growth meant teams needed to derive real-time insight through ad-hoc reporting and self-service analytics
Operational efficiency: account for the increasing volume, variety, and speed of its data—with the capabilities to scale across the organization and serve individual needs in Category Management, Sales Planning, Marketing Analytics, etc
- Operational efficiency: The platform should streamline the information architecture by standardization and removal of redundant technology and data artifacts, reducing costs for Fox.
- Provable Integration: The platform must easily be integrated with Fox’s data center within 24 hours, proving the low risk of integration as well as fit.
- Extensibility: The platform must embody a delivery framework that is flexible and extensible without disrupting the user experience, and will support self-service & advanced analytics
Migration to Netezza by Systech
- Systech secured Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) at a third of competing platforms
- Migration only took 4 months as opposed to 1 year
- Netezza integrated easily with Fox’s Data Center & Network (Within 24 hours during Proof of Concept)